Monday, April 4, 2011

Musical Genius?


Bad news: My 108 year old piano has had the ivory keys defaced.

Good news:
My 5-year-old can properly identify the A-G keys from one end of the piano to the other.
I didn't know he even knew the concept of a musical scale, much less the ability to properly identify (and mark) every key.

In the interest of full disclosure I must admit that one octave reads "A, D, C, D, E, F, G," but out of an entire 52 white keys, I'm chalking that up to classic 5-year-old reversal and still saying he correctly marked the entire keyboard.

Thank you for the 25 Facebook comments worth of helpful cleaning advice, especially the non-allergenic options that are safe for antique ivory, when this first happened last week.

I think I've decided to leave the piano as marked, as part of our family legacy. I'm posting these pictures at my Mom's request. ;)

No comments: