Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fibromyalgia

While this isn't my primary health blog - see GivenMeaThorn if you are looking for that one, I am honored to learn today that InfertilityMom has been selected as #22 in the top 100 blogs at 100 Best Sites for Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Information. Thank you! :)


My mom's just completed her 2nd week at week at FibroInnovations. She's sore from all the work they are doing on her, but the results have already been more than we had dared to hope, and she still has another 10 weeks of on site treatment to go before several months of at-home follow-up. After basically falling into this treatment in a way that can only be described as Providential, it truly seems that it is an answer to our prayers for her after over 20 years of pain! Here she is with Dr. Kingston. I will admit that our family was highly skeptical about this program in the beginning, after too many years of "sure cures," but hearing the hope in her voice now makes me feel like this really is going to be a life-altering change for the positive for her.


Speaking of hope and life-altering changes, will you help me keep fighting for change by using your facebook account to join me in daily voting for the Whittemore Peterson Institute? If they can hold onto their current #1 spot in the Pacific region over the next weeks, they will win $100,000 of desperately needed research funding. If we could move them up from their current 6th place (contest-wide) into first there as well, they would be awarded $250,000. Voting will only take moments from your day and every vote counts! You can learn more about the importance of the Whittemore Peterson Institute in my life by reading back through my many posts on XMRV.

Vivint is giving away $1.25 Million to charities. Help us win!

1 comment:

Patients Fibro said...

my dad's EDS is milder than mine(which is pretty mild, I don't dislocate at all*, I've just got the hypermobility and the soft, easily-bruised skin), but he definatly has it. When I was diagnosed (in '94) at DC's Childrens Hospital they did most of the same tests on him (wing-span, etc.). Eff. That reminded me that I need to make an appt. for my every-few-years echo. oh well, what's one more doctor's appointment? At least I'm kept up on all the celeb gossip without ever actually buying a magazine. :)

*I did dislocate my knee once, but anyone who did what I did (running in socks on uneven grass, twisting my leg and coming down hard on it) would have. I even swam Butterfly for years even though dr's warned me that I would dislocate my shoulders. I never did.