Monday, April 17, 2017

Prayer

Prayer has been a huge issue God has been working on my heart the past few years, especially the past 8 or 9 months. I've been so convinced that the prayer of a righteous man [or woman!] avails much (Proverbs 15:29; James 5:16; 1 Peter 3:12), and yet there is none righteous, no not one (Psalm 143:2; Romans 3:9-10). I'm so thankful that Jesus imparts His righteousness to me (Romans 1:17; Romans 2:13; Romans 3:22; Romans 4:5; Romans 5:19; Romans 10:4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Ephesians 4:24; Philippians 1:11; Philippians 3:9; 2 Timothy 4:8; Titus 3:5; )!

I'm living through a long, dry season of huge "unanswered" prayers. Not only are the things I'm praying about not getting resolved, some situations are getting worse... and Worse... and WORSE! For months on end, even years! Keeping faith gets hard!

How amazing that at Mount Hermon, I had chances to pray with several different people and repeatedly see significant and immediate answers. Also, I had an almost fully pain-free week and had notable lack of many profound stroke deficits during my week there! What refreshing reminders that God is still powerful and active in my life.

I appreciate this article on prayer that begins with the powerful description of a common prayer struggle, "We want to talk to God but can’t. The friction of our desire to pray, combined with our badly damaged prayer antennae, leads to constant frustration. It’s as if we’ve had a stroke." 

It's as if we've had a stroke! For obvious reasons, these words  have profound impact for me!



No comments: