Friday, June 4, 2010

Tidbits

Too tired to make a full post, so here are Facebook updates I've made over the past couple of days:

Wednesday at 7:41pm
We are half way through Little J.'s 24-hour EEG. Since bedtime's in 20 minutes, if he goes down easily and sleeps well (don't know how easy that will be with 20 wires glued to his head) then we will just get up in the morning and head to the neurologist's office and it will all be over. Don't want him to have another seizure, but if he's going to, tonight would be a really good night for it to happen!


Thursday 10:31am
Grabbed a treat from Doughboys on the way home from EEG this morning. Don't know when we will hear results, but he got through the night without pulling out any leads! I was up basically once an hour through the night because he kept rolling around and tangling up his wires, but he sure looks adorable this morning with curly (he isn't usually curly) "bedhead" until we can get the rest of the glue washed out. :)


Thursday 9:05pm
Think we are going to be combing glue out of Little J.'s hair for weeks. Glad his 24-hour EEG is over. Now we wait for results. I gave another 9 vials of bood (4 pokes) tonight & am hopeful that we don't have to do anything else medically for anyone few a days now! Ready to sleep for about a week...


This morning
"...do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor 4:16-18


Noon today
Little J.'s 24-hour EEG results are all clear! Nothing else we need to do right now besides watch and wait to see if anything else happens from here. Thank you for your prayers!


1:30pm
Think the last bit of fight I had in me to keep me going through our son's testing has fizzled. Managed to be out of bed for about 20 minutes this morning and 15 minutes this afternoon. Tummy's been hurting since last night (gal bladder again?) and so exhausted I'm shaking. About to take some meds, have our oldest stick on some educational DVDs, pile the kids in bed w/ me and curl up in a ball.



ME Promo 2 from Double D Productions on Vimeo.


This afternoon
Very frustrated that my absentee ballot never showed up. I'm supposed to be registered for permanent absentee due to disability, but somehow I'm not on that list anymore. Was too sick to do early voting this week even when i was offered a ride, so now my only option is to brave the polls on Tuesday. I WILL vote and am thankful for the privilege to do so, but it's going to exact a huge toll on my body to get there.


This evening
Thankful for my sweet hubby who, once again, brought home dinner when I've been too sick to be out of bed today. Don't know how people survive chronic illness without God and supportive loved ones? I am overwhelemed by my many blessings and God's indescribable grace toward me! Praying for many friends who don't have this kind of support.


Moments ago
Always find dizziness while already lying down to be a very strange sensation...

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hating that you are in pain right now and especially the dizziness that won't stop when laying down...my mom had Meniere's Syndrom and her vertigo was awful and laying down with it was a weird sensation, she always said...

Praise God for clear EEG results, though!!!!!! Hooray!!!!

xoxoxo