Monday, May 9, 2011

Through Another Mother's Day

I always feel like I've survived an emotional marathon just getting through another Mother's Day. I guess it's one of the lasting emotional "scars" that infertility has left me as it's legacy. I am so very thankful to be a mom, but the journey here was brutal! I have three precious miracles here and I hug them fiercely as I blink back tears of gratitude.

Every Mother's Day I am reminded so very keenly that others are hurting and grieving still. Each year more and more of my friends are called to face MD without their own moms and my heart aches for them as well, though I'm thankful that the ache comes yet without personal understanding. I have at least three more precious babies who kissed my womb all too briefly before flying to Heaven. No one can ever "replace" another, so while I'm thankful beyond words for the three here, Mother's Day hurts for the three There too.

The ins, outs, ups, downs, joy and grief associated with motherhood play round and round in my mind, leaving me exhausted this time of year. So today I want to step away from all those swirling emotions and simply celebrate the gift of my own mom. Betty Camp has been selected as a top 5 finalist for the first ever "Fibromyalgia Mom of the Year" award for the way she has supported and encouraged me through decades of chronic illness, while enduring her own battle against Fibromyalgia.


Would you please join me in celebrating her selflessness by reading Mom's story and giving it a 5-star rating? Public vote is open through today, with the grand prize winner (competing for a $7,000 medical treatment package!) announced this coming Thursday, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day. I would love to be able to give my mom the gift of this grand prize as a small gift of thanks of all she has sacrificed for me through the years.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I just wanted to let you know reading Hannah's Hope gave me the courage to speak up and ask our church to do something special for all the women on mother's day.

They had four women speak, including myself. The first was a single woman who was given Isaiah 54:1-3, I was the second to speak (being through 2 miscarriages, PCOS, and MTHFR) as was there a "stereotypical" mom and a grandmother. It was a great mother's day.

I was able to help others heal, make others aware of my hurt & how common it is, and was able to celebrate my lost babies.

So I wanted to say, Thank you! You have such an inspirational story. God bless!