Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eye Update

I went to the neuro-ophthalmologist yesterday. We had a nearly 4-hour appointment and my case excited the doctor so much that he called his entire staff in to learn from my exam. Since my neurologist had said last month that I was a "great teaching case" I shouldn't have been surprised. But I am getting tired of presenting complications my doctors have mostly only read about it textbooks but rarely seen in real life. I left his office with several new diagnoses tied to the strokes including cerebellar disease. The good news is that my blurry vision is correctable with normal glasses. The bad new is that my double vision is not correctable even with prism glasses because my vision is "too bad". I might have surgery in a year or more if my vision stabilizes. I know we have much to be thankful for but today I am discouraged.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how it feels to be the pin cushion every one wants to poke...praying right now for you, my sweet friend...

sheridan said...

I am still praying for you Jenni!

(julied from HP)