Monday, December 1, 2014

To Parents With Genetic Special Needs

I found this article today. Knowing that I have MANY special needs Mommy friends, I wanted to pass it along. A Letter to The "Before Me" (for those new to diagnosis or still in the investigation stage).


"I know about the day when you open your computer and first Google a condition you’ve never heard of. I know that you’ll sit there for hours upon hours, reading, making notes, crying, watching videos, not believing that those moments are really happening.
Not yet realizing that the before is no longer. This is the nether-time. Time suspended. Over the next few days, you will live through the most trying days of your life – days that will forever split your life into two parts.
So before you enter the after, I’d like to offer some advice..."

No comments: