Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Raining

I usually like stormy weather. It makes me feel cozy. This week has been a drizzly, dreary one though and it seems to fit how I'm feeling.

Rick's dad was hospitalized last night, had emergency surgery today, and is spending tonight in ICU. While I'm concerned and feel bad for him, I've been quite peaceful and not overly stressed about him today, but I know any kind of stress is hard on my body. Praying especially for my hubby as he is very close to his dad and I know this is hard on him. Also praying for Chile and the tsunami watches today.

I've been fighting a couple of different kinds of infections all week (plan to see the doctor again Monday) and have basically only been out of bed for a few hours on Thursday afternoon to take my kids to homeschool co-op (used a wheel chair), a couple of hours around the house yesterday to try to get some homeschool projects caught up, and again for a few hours today simply because I want to "feel normal" rather than lying around in bed all the time. There isn't a single room in my house that looks orderly or cared for - the kitchen and bathrooms probably bother me the most, but the laundry mountain isn't a pretty addition to my hallway either. As pathetic as it sounds, some days I lay in bed daydreaming about having enough energy to scrub toilets!

My family went out for lunch together this afternoon and it felt so good to be out. Have I mentioned how much I love Chevy's salsa? I finally got my "fix" today and I'm a happy girl for that! Then we came home and I tried to help my son with a science fair project but fizzled out really fast and had to come back to bed. Was just falling asleep when the neighborhood boy who has knocked on our door every afternoon this week was at the door again...

I feel bad having to tell this kid that he can't come in and play (and I think he's starting to think I'm making it up when I tell him, "I'm sorry, I'm sick today") but he is a high energy kid and I just don't have it in me to supervise all the things he wants to get into and how wild he gets my kids while he's here. And, as I mentioned, it's been raining all week, so I can't exactly just send them all out to play instead.

What I'm thankful for today is a warm house, good medical care for my father-in-law, the love of family (included extended family) and a laptop computer that can come to bed with me. I'm really praying that I'm up to church tomorrow and that we can stay for the church lunch scheduled since, for the first time in months, I won't have to rush off to the hospital for another IV!

No comments: