Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How it Feels to Live with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I love word pictures. They capture the emotion of an experience in a way I can grasp. So when I came across an article titled Why CFS is Like Being Tied Up With Rubber Bands my attention was captured and I wanted to read it! What a great explanation of the continual ebb and flow of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome symptoms. If you know someone living with this unpredictable illness (well, you know at least one someone - me!) then please take a moment to read this short essay today. :)

While a much more lengthy story, The Spoon Theory by Christine Miserandino of But You Don't Look Sick is another very helpful and eye-opening word picture of chronic illness. In Christine's case it's Lupus she's talking about, but I can relate to so much of what she shares.

If you are reading via email subscription and can't see the links, they are http://notdoneliving.net/foothold/information/rubber-bands and http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf

No comments: