Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Train to Omaha

I had therapy again today. It was more of a laugh-fest than usual. I asked my therapist if he thought the laughter was getting any better (even the tape marks on the floor made me laugh today) and he replied, "At least your walking is improving." I've noticed that he does not say anything negative, no matter what you ask him. Translation, yes my unpredictable laughing is growing steadily worse!

I got a fun surprise in today's mail. A copy of the book The Train to Omaha, by my friend Diane Harper. She has been writing this book as long as I've known her and I guess it was accepted for publication while I was in the hospital. The book's official release date was March 1 and is available through Amazon at this link.

We got a new Kinect today. I haven't tried it yet, but know the Wii was part of physical therapy at the rehab hospital, so hopefully I will learn to use this machine successfully to improve movement as well. Thank you, Rick!

Our visit with Diana ends tonight. It has been fun and my mom says I have walked her feet off three days this past week when we have gone shopping. Even though I'm using a walker, I am so thankful to have more energy!

I invited myself out to lunch at Sushi Pier 2 today. Diana was getting together with some friends and read a text message out loud yesterday. Her friend said something like, "I think they like sushi..." She was talking about some other friends, but I though we (my mom and I) were the "they" she was talking about, so I pipped up with something like, "Oh, we are invited too?" We were welcome to join them after all, but wouldn't have gone if it weren't for my foe-paw. It was very funny, but maybe you had to be there.

No comments: