Friday, April 2, 2010

Fiction Fridays: Long Awaited Child

I won't typically "review" a book that I haven't personally read cover-to-cover, but as I'm running low on my supply of fiction fertility-related titles to share with you, I'm going to take a leap of faith and borrow a review from a trusted source, the Stepping Stones Christian infertility ministry. I do intent to eventually pick up The Long Awaited Child by Tracie Peterson, but just haven't had the chance yet.

From the Stepping Stones bookstore review: "Novelist Tracie Peterson has written or co-written over 35 novels. This novel is the dual story of a woman, who wants nothing more than to be a mother, and a frightened pregnant teen, who wants nothing more than to run away from that responsibility. Be ready for some tears as you read how each of them overcomes past heartache to give the other her heart's desire."



While I haven't read The Long Awaited Child, I have read other books by Tracie including the Alaskan Quest series (not "infertility-friendly" but a fantastic read). Have you read any books by Tracie? If so, what were your thoughts?

As I draw to the bottom of my pile of infertility / loss fiction titles here, what would you like to see next? Would you prefer to see me move into other fiction topics, or would you like reviews of more fertility-related books from the non-fiction category? I want to provide a valuable resource here, so please let me know what you would like to read! I'm always looking for great Christian titles to share with my friends, so if you can suggest other titles, please leave me a comment about the book and why it would be of interest to InfertilityMom blog readers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni-

I would love to see some more reviews of Christian fiction books that aren't necessarily infertility related. Thanks!