Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Today's Appointments

I got up this morning thinking I would be smart and compose most of this post early in the day so I could add my updates from today's appointments and be done. The more I typed the more I had to share so my "draft" became a post of its own. Now I can tell you about today...

I walked quite a bit in therapy, without anyone holding on. I still am far from graceful, but it is progress. In the midst of one of my laughing fits I noticed a well-dressed gentleman in a suit standing at one of the desks, watching us. I made some comment to my therapist and he said that was his boss, who also worked at the rehab hospital so I might recognize him. As it turned out, he was the head of the therapy department at the hospital and I had also become good friends with his mother when we were next-door-neighbors as fellow patients in the hospital. It was cool that we both remembered each other and I could get a brief update on his mom!

The TMJ is doing better. He found some more really sore spots again today, but overall we are seeing some improvement. Yesterday I yawned and didn't have terrible pain for the first time since I woke up in the hospital. I still had some pain then, and it was more sore again today, but such a blessing and relief not to be in agony!

My neurologist seemed pleased with my overall progress and surprised to hear I was walking without even a walker in therapy. He said he's never so glad to be proven wrong as when a patient does something he never expected them to do. He noticed that my hands are in pretty bad shape, even my "good" right one, so he wants me to restart occupational therapy for them. He wrote the order today, but I don't know when that will start or how long insurance will cover me.

That's it for today. Thank you for your ongoing prayers! 


No comments: