Monday, November 12, 2012

Brain Games


Today's #NHBPM prompt asks me to share "My favorite health app / device / game is…”

 



I can't say that it is my "favorite" because I haven't even had a chance to check it out yet, but in case it helps anyone else, my friend K highly recommends the mind-sharpening games at Sheppard Software.

So far, my favorite for of computer "therapy" (besides just writing) is Piano Wizard. This powerful teaching tool, set up as a video game, was already used in our house before my strokes. All three kids love it. Now I use it myself, to try to strengthen my left hand and rebuild mental connections in my brain. I'm slow, but we are only moving at speeds I can master.

---------------------------------------------

Today I am thankful for modern conveniences that past generations did not have available.
 ---------------------------------------------
First Published Book: Hannah's Hope : Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss

Book-in-progress on drawing on the fruit of the Spirit in times of trial: Harvesting Hope from Heartache

Next book-in-progress: 6 strokes at age 39, Stroke of Grace

Future manuscript in the plans: Given Me a Thorn, the apostle Paul's story as applicable to living with chronic illness

No comments: