Thursday, November 1, 2012

Why I Write

OK, so I've joined the National Health Blog Post Month (NHBPM 2012) where I'm striving to blog on health issues ever day for a month. #NHBPM  If I miss a day here or there (I'm already a day behind in making my first post, because I joined a day after the challenge started) I'll try to post-date posts to the assigned day and still get caught up. I hope I manage all 30 posts this month! (Edited a month later to add, I didn't quite hit my goal, but here's why I'm OK with that and what I learned through the process!)

Today's theme is asking why I blog on health issues. Well, I guess, for me, it comes down to much of the information I've found over the years has been hard-won. I don't want other to struggle through the same journies without support, so I share what I've learned/am learning, in hopes that other find what they need to know, more easily and quickly!

I think my desire to "tell all" also reflects 1 Corinthians 13:12, "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." I think my blogging is part of my desire to be "fully know," though only a poor reflection of heaven. I would love get to know you too, so please leave comments telling me about yourself!

Here, you will likely find posts ranging from addressing chronic pain/illness, to infertility and/or pregnancy loss, to my six strokes at age 39 (and subsequent battle for recovery, including many lasting health concerns and complications). I have been blessed with three living children (13 years in the waiting) so I might occasionally tell you a funny about their lives or our homeschooling journey too. I have published one book and am working on three more, so who knows what will come to mind as I respond to each daily blogging prompt!


No comments: